Supply Chain Coordinator
Glacier Energy Services is a progressive group offering exceptional products, services and bespoke engineering solutions to the oil and gas industry and global energy sectors. Formed in 2011, the Group has quickly grown to employ over 230 employees, serving the energy sector through its UK and International hubs.
In late 2018, Glacier acquired Whiteley Read, a well-respected brand in the oil & gas industry for its capability in the design and manufacture of pressure vessels, columns & towers, and pipework & skid packages. From its base in Rotherham, Glacier Whitelely Read offers a wide range of products to clients across the international energy market
A requirement has now arisen for a highly competent Supply Chain Coordinator to join our Rotherham team and play a key role in the continued success of our business.
Main Duties & Responsibilites:
- Working in collaboration with other departments within the business on improvement activity relating to supply chain
- Conduct regular price comparisons to ensure that the company is always getting the best value/price
- Identify potential suppliers and build a network of contacts within the industry
- Procure materials and component parts in line with Glacier procedures
- Carrying out data analysis and monitoring supplier performance
- Generate stock and purchasing reports
- Raising, monitoring and receipting purchase orders
- Provide timely responses to queries or requests from internal customers and suppliers
- Ensuring that ERP system (P+) has accurate pricing for each part
- Work in a manner, which protects the health, safety and welfare of self and others
- Ensure intercompany co-operation and adds value to the Glacier Group
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business
- Look after company interests at all times.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong IT skills.
- Resilient self-starter with proven ability to work under own initiative, planning time and calls effectively.
- This role would ideally suit an experienced Supply Chain Coordinator or a Supply Chain Graduate with 1-2 years’ experience within a customer facing role or previous experience working in a similar role with a full understanding of the Supply Chain process.
How to Apply
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join a fast moving successful Company, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively apply by posting your CV to: HR Dept, Glacier Energy Services, Unit 603, Clyde Gateway East, London Road, Glasgow, G32 8RH