Advanced NDT Expertise
Glacier Energy Services is a progressive group offering exceptional products, services and bespoke engineering solutions to the oil and gas industry and global energy sectors. Formed in 2011, the Group has quickly grown to employ over 200 employees, serving the international energy sector through its UK and international hubs.
Glacier Inspection Services (formerly Professional Testing Services), part of the Glacier Group, has provided a comprehensive non-destructive testing and inspection service to major clients across multiple energy sectors for over 20 years. The company has extensive non-destructive testing (NDT) experience in the UK and overseas, and currently employs more than 70 highly skilled and qualified technicians performing Ultrasonic Testing, Radiographic Inspection, Surface Inspection (MPI & DPI) and Visual Inspection.
Due to continued expansion and business growth, an exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Advanced NDT Technician to join the advanced team at Glacier Inspection Services, working at client sites across the UK onshore, offshore and internationally.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Advanced NDT Services Manager & Lead technicians in providing an efficient and class leading service to Clients
- Ensure all operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Carry out inspection activities as per production requirements for specified sites and assets
- Must be able to work both individually and in a small team to ensure productivity of operations is maintained at all times
- Must be able and willing to travel offshore and overseas where required and at times at very short notice
- Produce final inspection and/or repair reports for specified components
- Evaluate results of test in accordance with applicable specifications where necessary
- Reviewing working practices to ensure client needs are fully met
- Making sure safety regulations are followed and company performance targets on HSE are being met and exceeded
- Review and advise on equipment needs and ensure equipment is used correctly, safely and is in good condition
- Ensure compliance with Organisation Quality System on assigned projects.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with practical, hands on problem solving approach.
- Excellent and proven client liaison skills
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Possessing the following qualifications are essential for this role:
- PCN Level 2 Eddy Current-Wrought Products/Condenser Tubes and welds
- IRIS Experience, preferably using Eddyfi Ectane systems
With a minimum of one of the following:
- PCN/CSWIP Level 2 TOFD
- PCN Level 2 Phased Array (All Sectors)
Additional certification necessary for this role include:
- Offshore Survival Certification (BOSIET/FOET)
- Current UKOOA Medical
- EBS and XBR
How to Apply
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join a fast moving company, please apply.
Alternatively apply by posting your CV to: HR Dept, Glacier Energy Services, Unit 603, Clyde Gateway East, London Road, Glasgow, G32 8RH