Weld Overlay for Pressure Control Equipment
Established in 1998, Glacier company, Wellclad, delivers weld overlay solutions, using state-of-the-art technology, to customers mainly within the oil and gas industry.
One of the first companies in Europe to routinely clad alloy steels with corrosion-resistant alloys, Wellclad's reputation now extends around the world. It has a proven track record, and delivers to market-leading quality standards.
Wellclad typically provides weld overlay for surface and subsea critical wellhead equipment exposed to wellbore fluid such as:
- Weld overlay of Subsea Valves, Check Valves, Ball Valves in a range of sizes and up to 20 tons in weight.
- Weld overlay of Wellhead systems.
- Weld overlay of Christmas trees and associated equipment.
- Weld overlay of Choke Manifold systems.
- Weld overlay of Tubing and Casing Hangers.
Wellclad can provide services which prolong the life of these components and enabling their use in harsh offshore environments.
As well as the provision of weld overlay services, Wellclad can provide a full management solution for its customers. This services covers complete welding provision, planning and scheduling, management reporting, and technical expertise incorporating weld engineering and metallurgy as required.
Wellclad’s services include, but are not limited to:
- Core and traditional cladding
- Weld connection assemblies
- Speed cladding
- Pipe cladding
- Orbital joint welding and cladding
- Turnkey project management including weld overlay, heat treatment, finish machining, NDT and inspection
All weld procedures and welder qualifications are managed by our own European Qualified Welding Engineer
Wellclad operates from a new purpose-built facility in Glasgow, Scotland, and a further base in Newcastle, north-east England. It has a team of vastly experienced welders, each qualified exacting industry standards.