Glacier Energy Services is a progressive group offering exceptional products, services and bespoke engineering solutions to the oil and gas industry and global energy sectors. Formed in 2011, the Group has quickly grown to employ over 200 employees across its UK and International offices.
Glacier Energy Services has over thirty years’ experience supplying a complete heat exchanger service to the Oil, Gas and Power Generation sectors providing clients with a repair, re-tube, rebuild and replacement service for most types of exchangers and coolers.
To support our growth plans, we are now looking to recruit an additional experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our team based from our Aberdeen facility, occasionally working onsite in locations across the UK and offshore.
This is the ideal role for a Mechanical Fitter, with experience of performing repairs and troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment, to join a market leading company and play a key role in the continued success of our business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Strip & reassembly of heat exchangers
- Conduct Hydrotesting
- Perform bolt tensioning
- Fabrication of pipework in accordance with drawings and as per samples supplied
- Carry out general workshop duties
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Training will be provided by an experienced Heat Exchanger Technician
- MJI 10/13 qualification is preferable but training can be given
- Qualification in safely operating overhead cranes would be advantageous
- Forklift qualification would be referred but not essential
- Proven ability to read engineering
- Demonstrate an excellent attitude regarding HSE and quality assurance.
- Excellent attention to detail
- First class communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to join a fast moving company, please apply.
Alternatively apply by posting your CV to: HR Dept, Glacier Energy Services, Unit 603, Clyde Gateway East, London Road, Glasgow, G32 8RH